Saturday, May 9, 2009

The End

So everything is (very quickly) coming to an end and I find myself having to say goodbye to all these kids that I have had relationships with throughout the past year. I've never really said goodbye to a group of kids correctly, and I'm actually really really sad about leaving. The smallest things are making me emotional...

I was putting a bandaid on this kid's foot because he had fallen outside and scraped his ankle. We were in a quiet classroom, and he had taken off his shoe so I could get to the scrape easier, and the sight of this little kid's tiny feet almost made me cry. He trusted me completely and was so vulnerable, and in that quiet little moment I realized the effect that I've had on these kids throughout the year.

I know that the choice I am making is right for next year, but saying goodbye to kids year after year is so hard.

No comments: